Friday, August 20, 2010

Rant!

This blog is collecting rust, but I wanna write stuff here in case I forget.

You can't embed pictures dynamically at runtime, because embedding happens at compile time ONLY. So you need tangible metadata for Flash to read. Not Embed x.toString, because at compile time, x.toString gives shit.

The workaround would be to throw everything into a zip, and then embed that zip. Just make sure the zip file is around during compile time. The contents, however, are free for you to change.

You will now ask. Why would I want to embed a zip file with content that is not fixed?

My answer? Slideshows. Saves the rewriting over and over again.

As for how to do all these, I'll leave it till I have time to do a full run down. Meanwhile, google how to read a zip file in Flash.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Very nicce!