Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Idiocracy just got high. This was on a forum of one of my modules.

Lecturer:
How many of you have tried buying a cookbook for someone, browsed for hours and haven't found the exactly right one?

Check this one out: http://www.tastebook.com/

this is a great example of remediating the cookbook buying experience! It's the same, but it's better. THIS is a great valentine's day gift :)

(being the smart ass, I threw some wit in)
Me: The cooking part or the book part?

(Some smart Dick called Raynor decided to reply in a condescending manner)
Raynor: It's the process of browsing for recipes and then compiling it into a personalized cookbook that augmented the entire experience.

It's akin to choosing music from several albums but only to discover that you only like a particular track or two from an album, repackaging it and personalizing the purchases make the product closer to the consumer.

(Well, thank you Mr. Raynor. I didn't know that link can be visited, and I had no intelligence to click on the link to see what was it for myself before I posted a quip about Valentine's. Thank you for enlightening my day, douchebag.)

Me: Was it a reply to my post? I'm sorry if the humour part didn't surface.

(And to add insult to injury...)

Edit of second post: The cooking part or the book part?

edit: For the valentine's part of the post, of course.

(In which the argument was sealed by...)

Lecturer: :)

WIT ALWAYS TRIUMPHS!!

No comments: